Safety training is required for all scanner users. This involves an initial on-site training session that includes a lecture, safety video, and a written quiz. Subsequent renewals may be processed online (see below). Safety training must be renewed annually by all active scanner users and safety monitors. If your MRI Safety training has expired, you will need to take the MRI Safety class at the IRC.
Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Review the MRI Safety presentation (pdf document).
- After completing the presentation, download the password-protected Safety Questionnaire and Quiz (Word document, username is "safety"; you should have received the password from Jerry).
- On the "Safety Questionnaire" complete the following fields:
- Dept/Faculty Advisor
- Student/Employee ID Number
- Select only one box (Y or N) for each question. On question #1 if you have implant(s) list the name of the implant next to "explain".
- Complete the "Self-Assessment of UC Davis IRC MRI Safety Practices". Answer either "Yes" or "No".
- Continue with the "MRI Safety Quiz". Complete the Name and PI fields. There are 30 questions and you must pass with 80% to renew.
- There is only one correct answer for each question on the "MRI Safety Quiz". If you mark more than one box it will be deemed an incorrect answer.
- After completing both the "safety questionnaire" and the "MRI Safety quiz", save the document.
- Send your completed document as an email attachment to Jerry Sonico: .
- Jerry will email you the results.