GE 1.5T Scanner
If the scanner is working, you can request service by clicking the iLinq button at the top left of the screen. Go to the "Contact GE" tab, fill out the request form, and submit it.
- GE Service Center: 1-800-437-1171
- Our service ID: 916UCDMR2
Rebooting the Scanner
On occasion the MR system may get hung and need to be restarted. There are a number of scenarios that may cause this to happen, such as a full raw data space, but often as not the cause is unknown. There are 3 different reset procedures that may be performed depending on the symptoms. Be sure to keep your subjects informed throughout these procedures. The lights and the fan in the scanner bore, as well as the GE sound system, will go off during these procedures.
First Option: Reset TPS
Reset TPS is an intermediate system reset. This procedure will fix many of the normal processing problems.
- Access is via the Service Tools desktop
- Click on TPS reset button
- Wait for TPS successfully reset message to appear in the message box in the lower left side of the screen, this usually takes about 5 minutes
- This process will end your current exam and make you log in new patient.
- Re-log in the subject with exactly the same patient id. This will hold your original landmark
- You may wish to make note of the scan locations at the beginning of your scanning session. This way, upon scanner reset, these numbers may be input directly into the scan location boxes. This will allow you to continue on with minimal time loss and confident of the same spatial locations.
- If you wish to graphically prescribe a series you will have to acquire a new locater scan.
Second Option: System Shutdown
Use this if resetting TPS does not work.
- Access via Service Tools desktop
- Back the scanning table all the way out to the home position
- Click on System Shutdown. The system will go through shutdown process until this message appears on the screen: press any key to restart.
- Press any key
- The system will go through its normal boot-up procedure
- Find the username and password taped to the top of the monitor.
- This complete process usually takes about 10 min.
- Upon completion a couple of defaults in the scanning desktop will have to be changed.
- Scan Modes, located left of screen about mid-level, will have to be changed from Clinical to Research. Simply press on the appropriate buttons.
- Select new patient
- Change Protocol access from Picture This to Site. This button is located on the top middle of the screen next to the figure's head.
- Upon completing this procedure you will need to re-log your patient and re-landmark before starting scan.
- At the gantry, turn on the alignment light, use the back to landmark button to return the subject to the original starting position.
- This procedure will restart the P file at 0*****
Third Option: Hard Reboot
Use this in the case of a total system freeze up. This will need to be done if the mouse is not responding.
- Open the door on the Octane computer
- Press the reset button by inserting a pen/pencil into the reset orifice.
- Wait for system to power down.
- The system should go through the same auto start process as above.
- Occasionally an error message may appear asking if you want to run diagnostics. Just say no and run normal start-up.
- In the case of a power outage, you will have to manually release the scanning table in order to bring the subject out of the bore.